10.02.2017

Here we go... #scaryageapproaching




Anyone who knows me knows how much I love October... Month of Kortni is my favorite holiday, next to 4th of July and Christmas! This year, I’ve been in an all-out panic about this birthday. 35...Thirty-five... 3 - 5. That’s like a real adult age, full of adult decisions. I touched on this in my last blog, Onto the next. I know age is just a number, but that’s not a number I feel comfortable with haha! Just a few months ago, I was with some girlfriends on a bachelorette trip and was congratulated on having to be carded because I didn’t look old enough to be 21. Granted, it may have in part been due to our giggling and not just this youthful glow. But still, it was nice!

This brings me to the real topic. Learning to love yourself for who you are. I’ve said for years that you can’t find the right person until you become the right person. You have to learn to love and accept yourself so that you’re not dependent on someone else to gauge your self worth. This is tricky. There’s a fine line between loving yourself and being your own biggest fan... no one wants to hang with that person! The only time it’s appropriate to toot your own horn is in an interview; then it’s time to sell baby, sell! It’s great to be confident, self-aware, and humble. If you haven’t gained confidence yet, fake it ‘til you make it!

When I was deciding to write the post, I came across the above quote from Molly Mahar. It struck a chord with me. I am enough. Am I who I thought I would be? Am I where I thought I would be? Am I making all the right moves? No, not at all! But... I am enough. I am me and I am genuine*. I make mistakes, I fumble the ball, I allow interceptions. But I also know how to catch a pass, throw a ball, and make an occasional touchdown.

If this is what your 30’s are for, then I’m all in. Unless you ask me how old I am... 29, always 29!

This year is going to be full of challenges, filled with ups and downs, and I cannot wait to experience everything. I have 10 of the best kiddos, 10 amazing sibs, 2 phenomenal parents, my loving extended family, and my incredible friends and work family in my corner. I’ve got this. I love you all with my whole heart. Every day I wake up with gratitude, knowing that I’m never in this alone. Thank you for being you, for being a part of this crazy thing called life. It wouldn’t be the same without you.

Have a fabulous week!

xoxoKort

* I'm genuine, except when using my "fake voice." Spence... I know you can hear it, even if you're not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where opinions are heard: